Adopt a cat
This gallery contains the cats that are currently ready to be re-homed. So if you think that you have found your perfect partner and can offer a lifetime of love then please phone Helen on 01453 828326
Postcodes that the Stroud branch covers are - GL5, GL6, GL8, GL10, GL11, GL12 & GL13
You are only five steps away from re-homing a cat or kitten
1. Let us have your details by telephoning Helen on 01453 828326 or enquire via the email link on the cat that you are interested in on our Adopt a cat pages
Please bear in mind that we do not have an office & are all “volunteers”. We rely on messages & will get back to you as soon as we are able.
2. A Cat Chat: - A volunteer home checker will pop & see you for a home visit. Please have your questions ready. N.B For “out of area” enquiries, it may be necessary to contact your most local branch to arrange this.
3. Meet the Cats: - You will be invited to meet the cats that match your requirements. Please bear in mind that the cats tend to choose who they want to go home with. The majority of the cats/kittens you see will be deemed as “ready to go” so please take your paperwork, adoption fee plus a secure carrier. Due to the high demand on our space we are only able to “reserve” for a maximum of 48 hours, unless for whatever reason the cat/kitten is not able to leave our care i.e. a kitten under 9 weeks of age or a mum cat to be neutered. In these cases a collection date will be discussed and agreed with the Homing & Welfare Officer.
4. The Home Coming: - Please remember to allow your new arrival time to settle in and adjust to his/her new surroundings. If possible, start the cat off in one room until he/she gets to know you, placing the food & litter tray nearby. Things can often prove a little “over whelming” so make sure the cat is given time alone to sleep & explore. The settling in time can vary from a few hours to a few days or even a few weeks for a shyer feline. Adult cats should be kept indoors for a minimum of two weeks before being allowed access to outside. Please remember that we are here to support you even after you have the cat, so if you are worried about anything, please do contact either the fosterer or the Homing & Welfare Offiver.
5. Re-Check: - To make sure thing are going well.
NB. Our vouchers for 2nd vaccination & neutering are ONLY valid at our designated vets. i.e Bowbridge Vets in Stroud or Stonehouse ,Vale Vets in Dursley or Ashcroft Vets in Cirencester.
ALL of the cats/kittens in our care have been health checked, wormed, de-flead, micro-chipped and neutered (if of age). Cats Protection will also pay for your cat or kitten to be fully vaccinated against flu and enteritis (worth over £50). If you adopt a kitten six months or under this will also be vaccinated against leukaemia. A neutering voucher will be provided once the kitten is approximately 5/6 months old. 4 weeks free insurance is also given with each cat/kitten adopted. NB. Our vouchers for 2nd vaccination & neutering are ONLY valid at our designated vets.
In return we ask for the following adoption fee: -
Adult cat (under 10yrs) £55.00
Cat 10 yrs or over £30.00
Pair kittens £130.00
Fosterers Urgently NeededAre you a committed cat lover? We urgently need volunteer fosterers to join our dedicated team. We are very keen to recruit ...
Redundant Ratters: - Environmentally friendly pest control available now. Do you have a stable, farm or outdoor home for some hardworking felines? ...
A real old fashioned gentleman, prim,retiring and shy. He will pretend he doesn't want attention but as soon as you start stroking his silly, ...
A very gentle soul, a little timid while she gets to know you and her new home but loves a stroke with a good under chin tickle that will really bring...
For those of you old enough to remember, we now have our very own version of The Hair Bear Bunch - don't worry she is out of ear shot! This ...
Not all treats this Easter have to be chocolate! Ted is laid back & lovely, he loves to leg wind & is "easy like Sunday morning". ...
Tempted by a tabby, here's a delightful duet to make your house a home. Tilly certainly knew how to perform in front of the camera, she's a ...
Bright & breezy, she's an instant friend. Lap loving Storm is in a class of her own when it comes to seeking attention. Her method is simple,...
Milly and MuffinReserved
Soon to be redundant mums of seven! These sisters are so close that they gave birth within hours of one another & have "shared" feeding...
Some of the cats in our care may not yet be on our website. If you are looking for a feline companion, please contact us on 01453 828 326